Eleven million Canadians are living with diabetes or prediabetes and roughly 90% of people living with diabetes have type 2 diabetes (T2D). Growing evidence suggests that dairy product consumption, including consumption of higher fat milk products, is associated with a reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Dairy Farmers of Canada is organizing and hosting a webinar featuring speaker Anthony Hanley, Ph.D., professor in the Department of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Toronto on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 from noon to 1 p.m. (EST). He will present scientific information on the role of milk products in the prevention of type 2 diabetes, including:
- The prevalence of type 2 diabetes (T2D), especially in Canada
- Risk factors in the development of T2D
- Scientific evidence on the role of milk products in the prevention of T2D
- Potential mechanisms related to milk products in the prevention of T2D
- New and emerging evidence: dairy fatty acids, fermented dairy foods
To register for the webinar, click on the link here: https://studiocast.ca/client/dairy_nutrition/event/8742/en/