Dairy Farmers of Canada’s (DFC) My Dairy Research Student Competition was launched on June 21st and is receiving keen interest amongst students working in Canadian dairy research.
This new online competition is targeted to all graduate students (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) involved in a research project funded by DFC in a Canadian university.
The objective of the competition is to engage students in the creation of innovative content for research users, which features their project’s results, new knowledge and the impacts/benefits of their research for the dairy sector and Canadians.
This nationwide online competition provides opportunities to graduate students:
- To apply their science communications and knowledge transfer skills in developing content for research users;
- To receive acknowledgement for their research in an online community of potential future employers in the dairy sector; and,
- To be part of DFC’s dairy research success stories showcased in multiple online channels.
Graduate students (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) are invited to prepare and submit content, in English or French, describing their dairy research project and results in one of the following categories. Content must include the following: key project results, methods used, new knowledge and the potential economic, social or environmental impacts of the research on the dairy sector and Canadians.
- Podcast (max. 3 min.)
- Video (max. 3 min.)
- Infographic (max. 1 page)
All entries will be evaluated by a Selection Committee. A minimum score of 75 out of 100 must be met to be eligible for a prize. The three entries with the highest scores in each category will be posted online on Facebook for public viewing and voting.
Grand Prize: $1,500 cash prize, in each category, for the submission that received the most votes from the public.
Second Prize: $800 cash prize, in each category, for the submission that received the second highest number of votes from the public.
Third Prize: $500 cash prize, in each category, for the submission that received the third highest number of votes from the public.
- September 15, 2021 – Deadline for submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 15, 2021 – Selection Committee identifies the top three submissions in each category
- October 22 – November 5, 2021 – Online Public Voting Period
- November 9, 2021 – Prizes announced